Cultivating Healthy and Sustainable School Communities
Join the Center for Ecoliteracy in Oakland on June 27 and 28 for a professional development experience that empowers you and your teams to create the conditions where students can learn about their food systems and how the choices they make can impact their health, the health of their communities and the health of the environment.
Karen Ross, Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Panel discussions exploring how to cultivate robust farm-to-school efforts in your district.
- Engaging workshops on practical topics such as school gardens, food education, procurement, scratch cooking and customer service.
- Peer-to-peer Innovation Exchanges featuring California Food for California Kids Leadership and Innovation Award winners.
- Hands-on opportunities to prepare and sample California Thursdays recipes.
- Interactive Good Food Showcase, curated by the Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF).
Conference attendance is free of charge. Space is limited. Travel and accommodations assistance will be reviewed upon request for districts with financial need.