Join us during this two-day project on October 17-18 to help install a demonstration food forest garden based on permaculture principles in Vacaville!
We are inviting individuals and people who want to work within their family/household bubbles on the site to come spend an hour working on this garden installation site. This is a great way to learn techniques and get ideas for your own yard! Only one ticket is required per family.
This public, hands-on installation workshop series will create a demonstration food forest garden in Vacaville, providing an opportunity to learn about rainwater capture, water efficient drip irrigation and how to plant and mulch for a water wise garden that builds healthy soil and yields food.
- Learn how to create swales, which are trenches that capture rainwater in the ground, divert roofwater to those swales, lay mulch to protect and build healthy soil and install drip irrigation. Volunteer tasks: digging a swale, moving wood chips and spreading wood chips.
- Learn what plants help your garden thrive by working together as an ecosystem. Volunteer tasks: planting trees and the understory, moving wood chips
* wear a mask, bring gloves and water
**Sustainable Solano Staff will be disinfecting tools at the end of each hour shift and will provide hand sanitizer
PPE and Social Distancing Guidelines
- Staff and volunteers shall maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others, excluding other household members.
- Staff and volunteers shall wear a face covering/mask that covers nose and mouth.
- Volunteers that violate social distancing and the aforementioned safety protocols will lead to the volunteer being excused from the event.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Not able to attend but want to support this work? Donate here!