As we move forward with our greater vision for our Local Food Movement Initiative, we aim to better connect area farmers to the people of Solano County. Eating locally and supporting our local food growers strengthens our regional food system by building community and keeping dollars in our own local economy.
There is also a significant environmental impact of local food production-distribution networks which provide a shorter distribution distance between the grower and consumer. Generally, farm products are processed directly on the farm itself reducing middle-man packaging and additional refrigerated trucking. With smaller, sustainable family farms, you can count on fresher produce, a greater variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables, and endless learning opportunities! Many farms offering Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box programs offer tours where you can meet your farmers directly and see how your food is grown.
Supporting local food growers through a direct-to-consumer CSA program allows customers to enjoy highly-nutritious produce, meats, dairy and other farm goods. Members can pick up harvest shares at a communal location or have them delivered directly.
Sustainable Solano has made it easy for you to start eating fresher, better foods by compiling a list of local CSAs that currently deliver directly to Solano County cities. Communal pick-up locations are established when the minimum number of memberships required by each farm is met in each city. The more friends and family sign up, the more convenient pick-up locations are created in your city.
Don’t miss out on these current promotional specials!
Lockewood Acres7781 Locke Road, Vacaville| firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 624-0831
- Organic farm providing vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat and honey to Vacaville and surrounding areas.
Siren Fish Companyinfo@sirenfish.com | (707) 925 FISH
- Providing sustainably harvested California seafood
- Use code: solano for $15 off your sign-up fee!
Terra Firma FarmP.O. Box 836, Winters | email@example.com | (530) 795-2473
- Certified organic year-round vegetables, fruits and nuts grown locally in Solano and Yolo County
Real Food Bay Areasupport@realfoodbayarea.com | (408) 835-9353
- Providing healthy, nutrient dense, sustainable, fresh and prepared foods.
Tara Firma Farm3769 I Street Ext., Petaluma | (707-)765-1202
- Pasture raised beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and turkey. Organic fruit, eggs, cheese, and vegetables.
- Mention Sustainable Solano and receive one pound of FREE bacon! If ordering online, call following your order to apply.
Eatwell Farm5835 Sievers Road, Dixon | firstname.lastname@example.org | (707) 999-1150
- High-quality, fresh produce, dairy and other specialty goods
- Natural and organic food distributer delivering more than 14,000 non-GMO and organic local and non-local products direct to families.
Our goal is to include all Solano County food producers on this list so please share with us any we missed so we can add it to our website and start providing our residents more options for healthy, local food!
Big News for Benicia’s CSAs!
Benicia’s CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) programs are now all under one roof! Heritage Presbyterian Church at 1400 East 2nd Street has graciously opened their doors to host products from four local sources: Terra Firma Farm (vegetables & fruit), Tara Firma Farm (beef, pork, chicken, lamb, eggs, cheese & produce), Siren Fish Company (fish & seafood) and Real Food Bay Area (raw milk, prepared foods and more)! By consolidating these CSAs, “buying local” is now more convenient; it’s one-stop shopping for delicious, locally-grown food. For more information on the farms/fisheries, and to subscribe, please visit these links: