Join us October 16 to learn about guild planting and drip irrigation and install a demonstration food forest garden based on permaculture principles in Suisun City! Name of Future Demonstration Food Forest: El Bosquecito “Little Forest”
This public, hands-on installation workshop series will create a demonstration food forest garden in Suisun City providing an opportunity to learn about rainwater capture, water efficient drip irrigation and how to plant and mulch for a water wise, resilient garden that builds healthy soil and yields food.
- Learn what plants help your garden thrive by working together as an ecosystem and how to install drip irrigation
- Volunteer tasks: planting the understory, installing drip irrigation and moving wood chips
- Learn how to install a three-way valve, route used water from the laundry machine out into the landscape and prepare the landscape to receive that greywater.
- Volunteer tasks: Moving mulch, digging, helping to install the laundry-to-landscape greywater system
- wear mask, closed-toe shoes, sun protection; bring gloves and water
- Lunch will be provided
- Bring your own lunch if you have special dietary needs
Please register for free classes or purchase tickets only through Sustainable Solano’s Eventbrite listings. We never sell tickets that can be resold. If you notice another party claiming to sell our tickets, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is funded by the Solano County Water Agency.
Not able to attend, but want to support this work? Donate here