Sustainable Solano Seeks Benicia Community Gardens Program Manager
JUNE 28th 2017
Sustainable Solano is looking for a Program Manager to oversee both gardens and Benicia Community Orchard. This is an administrative, “back office” position that serves as a liaison between the Board and garden/orchard coordinators. We are looking for a responsible, self-motivated person with good organizational and communication skills, working knowledge of Excel and sensitivity to privacy issues. This role can be a great fit for someone who cannot perform a lot of communal gardening functions or who needs an administrative or non-profit management experience for professional growth (it looks great on the resume)!
The position will require 4-6 hours monthly on average; it comes with a $100 monthly stipend. The preference will be given to current members of Avant Garden, Swenson Garden and/or Community Orchard.
The main functions are:
- Maintain gardeners’ database in Excel
- Coordinate waiting list
- Work with garden coordinators to ensure accuracy of bed assignments, payment and turnover
- Coordinate cross-gardens work teams
- Monitor BCG email and update email databases
- Coordinate annual agreement re-signing and payment collection by March 21 of each year
- Lead Garden Leadership committee
If you are interested or if you have questions, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org