What is Permaculture & Whole Systems Design?
Permaculture is an ethically based whole-systems design approach that uses concepts, principles, and methods derived from ecosystems, indigenous peoples, and other time-tested systems to create human settlements and institutions. It’s also been called “saving the planet while throwing a better party.”
This course includes the internationally recognized 72-hour curriculum, augmented by an additional 38-hours of hands on practice and field trips. Plus, folks have the option to camp on site each weekend, and build community around the fire!
Dates & Topics 2018
- April 14 & 15 – Introduction to Permaculture Design and Nature Awareness
- May 5 & 6 – Restoring Watersheds & Soils
- June 16 & 17 – Personal & Social Permaculture
- July 7 & 8 – Home Scale Permaculture: Creating Natural Homes and Edible Landscapes
- August 4 & 5 – Broad Scale Permaculture: Integrated Animal Husbandry and Forest Management
- September 8 & 9 – Regenerative Community Development
- September 15 – Design Presentations & Party!
- David Shaw – Sustainable Agriculture & Social Permaculture
- Lydia Neilsen – Watershed Restoration
- John Valenzuela – Agroforestry & Tropical Permaculture
- Janine Bjornson – Natural Building
- Lee Klinger – Sudden Oak Life
- Doniga Markegard – Broadacre Permaculture
For more details, cost information and to register, CLICK HERE.