Volunteer with Sustainable Solano
Do you have a special skill or talent you’d like to share?
Fill our our Volunteer Interest Survey to get started!
Immediate Volunteer Needs
From time to time, we have a key volunteer position open up that we would like to fill right away. We’ll post those needs here.
Help run the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program in Benicia! We have four different farms that deliver to a central location near Military and East Second Street. Time commitment is 20 minutes on Wednesdays (set-up) and 20 minutes on Thursdays (clean-up), scheduled once or twice per month. Some lifting/hauling is required (carrying milk crates with bottles, dumping ice from a cooler, etc.) In exchange for your time, you can receive a small discount on local food! For more info, please email email@example.com.
Other CSA Volunteer Opportunities
We are interested in seeing other sites similar to the central Benicia CSA drop site grow in cities throughout Solano County. Do you already manage a CSA site and would like to expand? Or are you looking to bring a CSA site to your neighborhood? You can do it and we can help! If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
Below are some of the ways we always welcome volunteer help. See something that interests you? See another need you could help fill?
Fill out our Volunteer Interest Survey to get started!
- Dig in the dirt (and move some mulch)
- Welcome attendees and assist with workshop registration
- Contact local eateries to donate food
- Serve food
- Tasks vary by event
- Flyer design and distribution across Solano County
- IT support
- Preparing promotional material
- Internet research
- Outreach event assistance (help us set up and run a table at a local event)
Become Part of Our Network
- Share upcoming events on your Nextdoor, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts
- Attend an event and write a blog for us on your experience
- Take photos or video at an event to share
- Know a local organization we should be working with? Help us make the connection
Questions? Need more information?
Send us an email at email@example.com to get involved.