Do you have a special skill or talent you’d like to share? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Event volunteers support our program events. From digging in the dirt, posting flyers, welcoming attendees, serving up delicious food, and everything in between, we can always use help. Tasks will vary depending on the type of event. As an added bonus, you get to be a part of a great event!
Sustainable Solano is mainly volunteer-run and is always in need of general administrative support.
Projects would include:
- flyer design and distribution across Solano county cities
- social media posting (Facebook and Instagram)
- IT support
- preparing promotional material
- assisting with workshop registration
- internet research
- outreach event assistance (prep and presence)
If you are passionate for sustainability, care to help form a more resilient community and are looking to dedicate some time and energy to make Solano county more sustainable, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
The Communications Committee functions as a general discussion space for supporting and developing communication efforts about Sustainable Solano programs, workshops and events across all seven Solano county cities. Outlets include the general public, media, digital listing venues and monthly newsletter. If you are looking to be more creative and have writing, blogging, photography or graphic design experience, we are looking to expand our volunteer Communications Committee/ Outreach Team and would love to hear from you.
- Help develop monthly newsletter themes and blog content.
- Provide feedback and assist in the design of program and event promotional material (i.e. flyers, brochures).
- Assist in online research regarding community partnership/sponsor opportunities.
- Help Increase visibility and awareness of Sustainable Solano programs, news and events by posting to local listing venues.
- Event planning strategic support
- Provide outreach event support when able
- Develop social media post content
Attend monthly committee meeting (1 hour). Third Wednesday of every month. Monthly task commitment (1 hour).
Meeting Location: Heritage Presbyterian Church, 1400 East Second Street, Benicia
Monthly Benicia Community Garden Workdays
We have plenty of regular monthly events, especially for our well-established initiatives. Join us for these friendly gatherings. Get to know and learn from new friends, work in the community, dig in the dirt, do some light weeding and pruning, and sustain the roots, stems, leaves and seeds of our neighborhood at large.