Restaurants and Retailers
Locally sourced and grown food supports local agriculture and provide guests with wholesome, healthy ingredients. “Local” generally refers to food sourced within Solano County or from neighboring counties.
Are you a restaurant owner interested in sourcing from local farms? Learn more about our farm-to-institution work here.
Why Buy Local?
Benefits of locally sourced foods:
- Keeps money local and boosts nearby economies
- More variety depending on what’s in-season
- Encourages crop rotation which keeps soil in good condition for future farming
- Contributes to a sustainable agricultural economy and work force
- Creates shorter transport distances reducing gas emissions
Where to Buy Local
Below is a list of local Solano County restaurants and retailers that have participated in Bounty of the County. As part of that program, the restaurants sourced local produce to create special Solano-grown dishes. Check with each about how they continue to use local produce.
BackDoor Bistro and Wine Bar (Vacaville)
The Barn & Pantry (Dixon)
Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company (Fairfield)
Michael Warring (Vallejo)
One House Bakery (Benicia)
Provisions by League of Chefs (Vallejo)
Rasta Mama’s Kitchen (Vacaville)
Two60 Kitchen + Bar (Fairfield)